Welcome to Henri Compost’s Blog
Assorted oddments, articles, features, short stories, plays, off-the-beaten-track reviews, personal stories and anecdotes, travel diaries, the occasional poem or just an idea to be toyed with… it’s all to be found here, feel free to browse!
Question is, will the scraps thrown onto this ever-growing heap start to germinate and take root or will they end up simply being left to rot?
Henri works as an IT consultant. Born up north and raised in the UK but now living in continental Europe, he considers himself Multi-European. He’s not overly political. Nor particularly religious. He just likes to write stuff.
Please leave a comment if you find yourself enjoying his (com)posts and would like to see more.
Oh, and by the way, it’s not his real name. But you knew that already.
- Writing Tip – The T.E.C.L.This is a little idea that I found useful when writing a short story for a competition.
- Three WishesA modern take on this classic tale of hope, greed and folly.
- Creatives ‘R’ UsEmpty words and phrases have consequences. Few of them good.
- Tipping Points: Act III, Scene 3Tipping Points A Play in Three Acts by Henri Compost CAST OF CHARACTERS Act III, Scene 3 – “Revelations” (CURTAIN UP) Henri Compost’s kitchen. His best friend, Homer Picsnot, is sitting at the table/counter with three bottles of wine andContinue reading “Tipping Points: Act III, Scene 3”
- A Clandestine MeetingAn unexpected dinner with a very unsavoury character.
- Just My Two CentsA bloody fight to the finish with a member of our household, which I eventually won. I think.
- The Best PresentThe best ever Christmas present? Some truly bad ones can sometimes be right up there.
- Sit Still and be CountedNever in the field of human con tricks has so much been taken from so many by so few.
- Tipping Points: Act III, Scene 2Tipping Points A Play in Three Acts by Henri Compost CAST OF CHARACTERS Act III, Scene 2 – “Clarity” (CURTAIN UP) At Sir E.H. Compton’s house, in his private library, filled wall-to-wall with books. Henry stands next to a shelf,Continue reading “Tipping Points: Act III, Scene 2”
All content © Copyright Henri Compost, 2020-2021. All rights reserved.
I don’t do social media. Well, I do but mainly to stay in touch with old friends. And I’m not sure I’d want them reading any of this…