Welcome to Henri Compost’s Blog
Articles, features, short stories, poems, off-the-beaten-track reviews, travel logs, personal anecdotes and other assorted oddments, even the occasional play – it’s all to be found here.
Question is, will the scraps thrown onto this ever-growing heap start to germinate and take root or will they simply be left to rot?
Henri works as an IT consultant. Born up north and raised in the UK but now living in continental Europe, he considers himself Multi-European. He’s not overly political. Nor particularly religious. He just likes to write.
Please leave a comment if you find yourself enjoying his (com)posts and would like to see more.
Oh, and by the way, it’s not his real name. But you knew that already.
Copyright © Henri Compost, 2020-2021
All rights reserved.
Henri (on a slow day)
- I’ve got Chills, they’re MultiplyingSomething occurred to me yesterday. Corona cases recently started shooting up in Central Europe, whereas in the UK they’re high but the overall rate has stayed relatively constant for some time now. Double-vaccinated, I had two trips to the UKContinue reading “I’ve got Chills, they’re Multiplying”
- 1, 2 … 1, 2, 3, 4I’m on holiday at the moment, a couple of thousand metres above sea level as I start writing this. Ever since the sun decided to make an appearance after over a week of what felt like non-stop rain, we’ve beenContinue reading “1, 2 … 1, 2, 3, 4”
- Tick TockWe have a friend. We met him and his family quite by chance on holiday some years back; they’d just bought a house in the area and were busy doing it up. They showed us around – the inside hadContinue reading “Tick Tock”
- The Thing About Cake……as the old adage would have it, is that you can’t both have it and eat it. With that in mind, I saw this article the other day: https://www.euronews.com/travel/2021/08/09/british-travellers-rage-as-vodafone-brings-back-data-roaming-charges-in-the-eu Rage? Whatever can they be angry about? Surely the reintroduction ofContinue reading “The Thing About Cake…”
- Human or Dancer?I’ve been away from piling up the (com)posts for a while now, sorry about that. In my defence, there’s been a lot going on: a new dog, a new car*, a new work project, the beginnings of a new bathroom,Continue reading “Human or Dancer?”
- Overheard: At the OpticiansThe customer, a portly, past-middle-aged man, was standing in front of a mirror with a new pair of glasses on. “They don’t sit particularly well, do they?” “The frames have been correctly adjusted, sir,” said the assistant. “Several times now.”Continue reading “Overheard: At the Opticians”
- Tone It DownWe have a Hewlett Packard Colour LaserJet printer+copier+scanner(+fax) in the home office. It’s served us very well over the years. It needs four separate toner cartridges, costing upwards of €80-€90 each, so the operating costs can feel pretty hefty atContinue reading “Tone It Down”
- Just-Passed PhilR.I.P., Prince Philip.Am going to miss you and your one-liners.But life and the jostle for position go on… Just-Passed Phil The Duke of EdinburghBecame a MountbattenTo marry a throneThat he never sat on.‘Twas the other way aroundLeading to plenty ofContinue reading “Just-Passed Phil”
- Rekindled, part 7 (P.P.S.)A miracle. No other word for it.
All content © Copyright Henri Compost, 2020-2021. All rights reserved.
I don’t do social media. Well, I do but mainly to stay in touch with old friends. And I’m not sure I’d want them reading any of this…